Southern University System Foundation Grant Application
Grant Applications Open August 1 and Close October 31
The mission of the Southern University System Foundation is to support the University through academic programmatic enhancements, increasing student access and success by providing recurring annual support for the campuses of the Southern University System. As such, the Foundation looks to support programmatic needs of the Southern University System campuses, departments and students. Awards will also be available to local community non-profit organizations located in surrounding areas of Southern University System campuses.
GRANT APPLICATION GUIDELINES
- Grant application requests must be submitted on the Southern University System Foundation grant application form provided on the Foundation’s website, at foundation.sus.edu.
- Any other form of application will be rejected.
- A copy of the organizations FY operating budget. (Community Organizations Only)
- A copy of last years audited financials. (Community Organizations Only)
- Foundation grants will be awarded annually. Applications are open to all Southern University System campuses, departments and community organizations.
- Funds are designated for programmatic expenditures and community needs that will have an impact on the University.
- Any funds unexpended or unencumbered by the end of the grant period shall be returned to the Foundation.
- The Foundation will not support annual operating budgets, special events, travel or non-programmatic expenditures.
GRANT PROCESS TIMELINES
- Grant Application Open: August 1
- Grant Application Due: October 31
- Advisory Committee Selection: November 15
- Award Notification: December 15
- Disbursements By: January 30
If your program receives a grant, the Foundation requires fiscal reporting and a narrative report on the use of funds and the impact of the grant program by June 30th of the disbursement year. All grantees must cooperate with the Foundation to advertise the project and adhere to grant guidelines as outlined in the award letter and addendum. Failure to comply with grant agreement will result in a delinquent account and affect chances of future awards.