Left to Right: Sharon Hill – Chair, Alton Smith – Vice Chair, George Rogers – Ex-Officio/ Vice Chair, Lester Pourciau – Treasurer, Nannette Kelly – Secretary
Southern University College of Business Advisory Council
The purpose of the Advisory Council is to serve as liaison between the College of Business at Southern University and the business community. The Council provides advice to the Dean and faculty, and assists the College in advancing its overall commitment to educational excellence.
Committed individuals volunteer their time, financial support and talents to ensure the college provides its students with the tools they need to be successful and competitive after graduation.
The Council focuses on the following areas:
- Communications – ensure College of Business successes are told
- Corporate Partnership and Employer Engagement–provide exposure to College of Business students with leaders from corporate America.
- Fundraising – raise money for scholarships and faculty/staff development
- Mentoring – expose students to formal professional mentoring relationship
- Recruiting – encourage talented students to major in Business Program
The Advisory Council is committed to the continued development and enhancement of the College of Business and its students in the following ways:
- Attracting talented students to the business programs
- Volunteering on various committees
- Serving as knowledgeable advocates
- Helping to secure financial support
- Securing Corporate Partners
- Assisting in job placement for business students
The Advisory Council Dues and donation page:
Participation on the Advisory Council is open to individuals sponsored by a major corporation, medium size or small business or an individual. The dues structure is as follows, paid annually by February 28. Miscellaneous Advisory Council donations can be submitted as other amount.