The purpose of the Southern Student Philanthropy Council is to educate students on the value and impact of philanthropy at Southern . We will act as ambassadors for the university, working to establish a culture and legacy of giving among our future alumni, as well as engage and thank those who have made Southern a philanthropic priority.
- Utilize and involve every member of the council in an effort to expand our impact.
- Inclusively grow the giving culture of the university.
- Support the Southern Foundation in their main fundraising priorities: scholarships, excellence funds, and capital projects.
- Serve on at least one committee
- Give to SU at a level meaningful to you
Each semester you will be required to attend the following:
70% of the General Council Meetings
50% of Student Philanthropy Council hosted events
1 SU Foundation hosted event
- Develop graphic and video content to effectively communicate and educate students about philanthropy through social media
- Design and submit content to quarterly SPC newsletter
- Build new opportunities for all SU students to engage in philanthropy
- Set and project giving and donor goals
- Partner with Annual Giving on Giving Day
- Public Relations
- Serve as liaisons to various campus organizations to promote student philanthropy
- Partner with campus organizations on philanthropic event
- Assist the Southern Foundation with Donor Relations at donor events